Sunday, October 24, 2010

the streets of bc.

The streets have a different beat in Vancouver. Not slower, not faster. More melodic, perhaps. More alive.

-----
yadrutaS

Amy and I decided to leave the country for a while.
The border patrol really aren't the friendliest.
"Have you ever been paid to transport drugs over the border? Have you ever been caught with narcotics in your vehicle? I'm not talking personal amounts, I'm talking kilos, pounds."
$18.75 for parking. After an hour of driving around for cheaper parking, we paid $18.75.
We were near the place that would come to haunt me.
Right next to the Vogue Theatre. The venue where Mumford & Sons would put on a badass show only a few hours later. The show that I tried to get tickets for. The show I couldn't get tickets for.
The streets have a different beat in Vancouver. Not slower, not faster. More melodic, perhaps. More alive.
We tried Blenz coffee. The Canadian coffee chain. I got an Americano. Ironic, I know.
Tasted like hot water with a few tablespoons of drip coffee. Not impressed.
The amount of street performers are pretty staggering.
Irish Pubs abound.
Everyone is very fashionable- especially the men.
We couldn't get a table for dinner because the UFC fight was being shown in every bar and in every restaurant in town.
Those Canadians love to watch people get beaten up. With fists or hockey sticks alike.
The streets have a different beat in Vancouver. Not slower, not faster. More melodic, perhaps. More alive.
"Did you do any shopping while you were in Vancouver? No?"
"Welcome home"

No comments:

Post a Comment